mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] session-1: "Value Proposition" - Thu 2012.08.2

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:33:19 -0700
Dalia and All,    (01)

Thank you! ... You are the first to send slides in for this Thursday!    (02)

[All, please note that this will be part of the routine ...]  I am
putting your slides (predominantly the way you supplied it) in a
shared staging workspace -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/EarthScienceOntolog/2012-08-23_EarthScienceOntolog_session-1/wip/
- this way, everyone on the organizing committee, and especially those
who will be running or speaking on the same session, will have a
chance to review it, make comments and suggestions, and those from the
same session may possibly go back and tweak their own presentation
(say, in case there are huge gaps, or huge duplications) to make the
session a more coherent whole.    (03)

I won't work on the slides just yet ... so, everyone has until
close-of-business tomorrow (Wed 8/22) to finalize their slide deck,
and send their updates in, if they want to do so.    (04)

Past that, I will do some or all of the following tweaks (especially
if they were missed when you sent the slides in) ...
- convert to pdf (as necessary)
- add (turn-on) slide numbers
- add/tweak file metadata to make it consistent across the session,
the series and the Ontolog body-of-knowledge
- rename file to conform with the Ontolog file-naming convention
(which includes capturing rudimentary metadata into the long-filename)
- upload the slides to the shared-file workspace, so the participants
could download them during (or after) the session
- link the slides to the wiki session page    (05)

Please address any content issues to the session co-chairs about
content, and ping me (email or call, any time) about logistics
question you may have.    (06)

Regards.  =ppy    (07)

Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim