[Top] [All Lists]

[EarthScienceOntolog] Action Items [was - Proceedings: 2nd organizing co

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:22:38 -0700
Message-id: <CAGdcwD24nPLqLCWp8tpqBpZHk=6LS099u3y-C8OLCtW-KEKE1A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear All,    (01)

We did not get a lot of responses to the "to-do" list.    (02)

So, once again, please go over the more crucial action items,
and respond to this list.    (03)

Some of the items are actually due tomorrow Tue Aug-14 (and others,
are urgent too,) so, please consider this a friendly reminder.    (04)

Please respond to this mail thread (or post details to the wiki, and
then post the highlight here along with the link to your details
there.)    (05)

Thanks & regards.=ppy
--    (06)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Subject: [EarthScienceOntolog] Proceedings: 2nd organizing committee
meeting - Fri 2012.08.03
To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    (07)

Folks,    (08)

The full proceedings of our Aug-3 (2nd) organizing committee meeting
are now available online.
See under:    (09)

Please review and edit the details as they pertain to you (and what
you brought up) to enhance the accuracy and granularity of the
documented proceedings. Kindly take note of pertinent action items and
act on them accordingly.    (010)

In particular, the following are ones (not limited to these, of
course) that need immediate attention:    (011)

* we need MarkSchildhauer and MikeDean to confirm their acceptance of
the co-chair roles, respectively for sessions 4 and 5. (Please start
coordinating with your respective co-chairs for the session as well.)
... [Attn: Mark & Mike, please confirm]    (012)

* we need Krishna to take the lead and try, possibly by enlisting
NSF's help, to engage each and every one of the principals driving the
upcoming seven (or so) Geo end-user workshops, to get involved and
support this mini-series. First contacts to be made, hopefully, within
this week.    (013)

* the kick-off session is now scheduled for Thu 2012.08.23 a 2-Hr
virtual panel session starting at 9:30am PDT / 12:30am EDT / 16:30
UTC, with KrishnaSinha and LeoObrst co-chairing. Krishna and Leo,
please supply the title, abstract, list of panelists and their talk
title ASAP (hopefully by Tue Aug-14.)    (014)

* it would be nice if all session co-chairs would turn in (say, also
by Aug-14) their preliminary session title, abstract or session plan,
and a list of candidate panelists you are planning to contact and
engage (this is important for coordination reasons as it's almost the
same pool of panelists that everyone may be working off.) Kindly take
note of the general session guidelines as discussed under
** ... send your input to this list or post it directly to the wiki
and then make a post here to point people to your work there.    (015)

* we got a  lot of input and recommendations for candidate panelists
and expertise they can offer. Please refer to the discussion under:
... kindly continue to make recommendations; and, remember that we are
aiming at having half the panelists at each session to be from the
GeoScience domain, and half from the CompuetrScience or Ontology
domain.    (016)

* please step up efforts in trying to engage Geo-scientists'
participation. Any idea on how we can more effectively engage them is
highly appreciated.    (017)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
--    (018)

Message Archives:  
Community Wiki:
Project homepage:    (019)

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>