mini-series-org

[EarthScienceOntolog] Proceedings: 2nd organizing committee meeting - Fr

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 20:43:57 -0700
Folks,    (01)

The full proceedings of our Aug-3 (2nd) organizing committee meeting
are now available online.
See under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3DGD    (02)

Please review and edit the details as they pertain to you (and what
you brought up) to enhance the accuracy and granularity of the
documented proceedings. Kindly take note of pertinent action items and
act on them accordingly.    (03)

In particular, the following are ones (not limited to these, of
course) that need immediate attention:    (04)

* we need MarkSchildhauer and MikeDean to confirm their acceptance of
the co-chair roles, respectively for sessions 4 and 5. (Please start
coordinating with your respective co-chairs for the session as well.)
... [Attn: Mark & Mike, please confirm]    (05)

* we need Krishna to take the lead and try, possibly by enlisting
NSF's help, to engage each and every one of the principals driving the
upcoming seven (or so) Geo end-user workshops, to get involved and
support this mini-series. First contacts to be made, hopefully, within
this week.    (06)

* the kick-off session is now scheduled for Thu 2012.08.23 a 2-Hr
virtual panel session starting at 9:30am PDT / 12:30am EDT / 16:30
UTC, with KrishnaSinha and LeoObrst co-chairing. Krishna and Leo,
please supply the title, abstract, list of panelists and their talk
title ASAP (hopefully by Tue Aug-14.)    (07)

* it would be nice if all session co-chairs would turn in (say, also
by Aug-14) their preliminary session title, abstract or session plan,
and a list of candidate panelists you are planning to contact and
engage (this is important for coordination reasons as it's almost the
same pool of panelists that everyone may be working off.) Kindly take
note of the general session guidelines as discussed under
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3DQI
** ... send your input to this list or post it directly to the wiki
under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3DB8
and then make a post here to point people to your work there.    (08)

* we got a  lot of input and recommendations for candidate panelists
and expertise they can offer. Please refer to the discussion under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3DQM
... kindly continue to make recommendations; and, remember that we are
aiming at having half the panelists at each session to be from the
GeoScience domain, and half from the CompuetrScience or Ontology
domain.    (09)

* please step up efforts in trying to engage Geo-scientists'
participation. Any idea on how we can more effectively engage them is
highly appreciated.    (010)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
--    (011)

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/