mini-series-org

[EarthScienceOntolog] coordinating the mini-series sessions

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:20:37 -0700
Dear All,    (01)

I had planned to bring this up during our organizing committee meeting
today (ref. http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/2012-08/msg00008.html
) ... however, since some will not be able to join us, and there are
attendees who have indicated that they have hard stops, and hence we
have time constraints anyway. I am, therefore, making a post of some
preliminary thoughts now, as follows. Please mull over them and
propose additions and/changes to this thread or at the meeting.    (02)

== Suggested ground rules and how we might proceed to put together the
program/sessions: ==    (03)

* we should differentiate this EarthScienceOntolog mini-series from
the normal workings of the EarthCube:Semantics-and-Ontologies work
group. Try leveraging what Ontolog can provide.    (04)

* we should try having half of the panelists from the Earth Science
Community, and half from the Ontology/ComputerScience community    (05)

* we need to *really* put effort into making sure we have participants
from the Earth Science community ... how can we do that effectively?    (06)

* to allow more voices heard, let's keep the number of presentations
by anyone person to a maximum of 2 briefings    (07)

* we should feel free to consider inviting the same panelist back, to
present different aspects, or the next level of granularity on
exemplary projects    (08)

* we can invite previously spoken panelists back on the panel in
another session, to field questions or provide more insight, without
giving them a slot to present a briefing    (09)

Talk to you in about 40 minutes.    (010)

Regards. =ppy
--    (011)

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki