mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] coordinating the mini-series sessions

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:42:44 -0700
Additions to the guidelines on putting together the sessions ...    (01)

* (we agreed, during the Aug-3 organizing committee conference call,)
that we will leave 30~45 minutes for Q&A and open discussion after the
briefings at each session.    (02)

* (co-chairs please note and inform your panelists) we need to make
sure all presenters are aware of the Ontolog Open IPR Policy - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32
** special waivers may be granted (if we have compelling reasons for
it) but that will need to be arranged beforehand; otherwise the open
IPR policy and default content license will apply.    (03)

* (co-chairs please note and inform your panelists) The
"VirtualSpeakerSessionTips" page is a must-read for everyone,
especially those who are not familiar with the Ontolog virtual session
settings. The section labeled "For the SPEAKERS" within that page is
especially relevant - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpeakerSessionTips    (04)

* (co-chairs please get that from your panelists) after a panelist is
engaged, please make sure he/she will create and populate a "namesake
page" on the wiki (a wiki page titled with the person's WikiWord Name
- like "JaneDoe"), that is populated with the person biosketch, and
other pertinent information he/she would like the community to know
about the person and his/her pertinent work.
** The one paragraph to read, for anyone unfamiliar with editing on
the wiki, is at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidA ... feel
free to send the content to me, and I will create/populate that page
for anyone (if he/she deosn't feel like editing the wiki.) For
panelists who already have a namesake page on the OntologWiki, please
request that they review it and bring everything up-to-date (asap, but
definitely before the session.)    (05)

Thanks & regards. =ppy

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki