iaoa-education

[iaoa-education] Open Discussion

To: "iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "QUATTRI, Francesca [11901993r]" <francesca.quattri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:14:06 +0000
Dear All,

under suggestion of the EC, we would like to invite you to an open discussion about goals, potentials and limitations of our current project on the creation of a Lexicon for Ontology (under the supervision of the Sub-committee for Ontology Terminology; for reference:

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IaoaOntologyTerminology#nid3F5N )

With your approval, we would like to extend this same discussion to all Association members.
We expect to get useful feedback on, i.a.:
- rules to adopt in the compilation of the lexicon
- ways to promote the visibility of the work and get more participants involved
- usability and applicability of the work
- degree of complexity that we want to achieve with this work
- final goal/s
- decision on whether to make this project open source (not constrained by Association login) even in this preparatory phase or not
- etc.

We believe that a discussion might help in boosting the team work and getting things done in a systematic way.

We are looking forward to having a fruitful discussion with you All and for getting your permission to extend it to all the other IAOA Members.

Best regards,

Francesca

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-education/
Committee File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/Committee/Education/