bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] Question about SAP FiremansDigitalKeybox

To: Deborah MacPherson <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Building Service Performance (BSP) Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jason D. Averill" <Jason.Averill@xxxxxxxx>, "ibcomm@xxxxxxx" <ibcomm@xxxxxxx>, David Holmberg <david.holmberg@xxxxxxxx>
From: Alan Vinh <alan.vinh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:18:52 -0500
I believe the goal is to get everyone to next generation. Realistically, this will take a while and there will always be cases where there are some missing organizations in the communication "loop" or the buildings themselves may not be monitored with next generation building servers. We expect many rural and "low-tech" communities to continue to operate like they do today for quite a while. The major cities or highly populated cities and "high-tech" communities will mostlikely convert over to next generation first, so there will certainly be a mixture, perhaps for a long time if the smaller communities can not support/afford to switch over to next generation.

Regards - Alan

Deborah MacPherson wrote:
Thanks Alan - will correct spelling and work in these points below over the next couple days. Is the goal to get everyone to the next generation or will there always necessarily be current and next generations both for the foreseeable future? What about an extremely rural area? In regards to being out of order, Room 310 is showing up too late in the beginning also - Thanks and Regards, Deborah