bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] Question about SAP FiremansDigitalKeybox

To: ibcomm@xxxxxxx
Cc: bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason.Averill@xxxxxxxx, david.holmberg@xxxxxxxx
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:19:02 -0500
Hi David C -

Yes, this sounds right.....if you were to classify the items you have listed below as building data and systems so the BIM "knows" what to show the fire department they would be:

Location of Stairwells
No MF2004 MasterFormat class - concrete or metal? AIGI has some good open source symbols that can be used to indicate stairs, an "R" could be adjacent for roof access in the standard floorplans
UF UniFormat C1020 Stair Construction
OCCS OmniClass 21 41 31 13 11 Stairs

Sprinkler Cutoff Valve
Again typical existing building data does not have one class in the typical systems to support this, the closest are
MF2004 21 11 19 Fire-Department Connections or 21 12 26 Fire-Suppression
Valve and Hose Cabinets
UF D4030 Fire Suppression System
OCCS 21 51 11 15 Fire and Smoke Protection

Fire-Suppression Standpipes
MF2004 21 12 00 Fire-Suppression Standpipes
same UF D4030 Fire Suppression System
same OCCS 21 51 11 15 Fire and Smoke Protection

Fire Control Room
No MF2004 class
UF may be C1030 Specialties but that is not right
For the scenario purposes OCCS may be 13 81 31 21 Information Signal Distribution Space but that is not quite right either.

NFPA 72 and SB30 probably covers most in terms of standards.

Thanks for your comments

Deborah