bsp-forum
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [bsp-forum] Question about SAP FiremansDigitalKeybox

To: ibcomm@xxxxxxx
Cc: bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jason.Averill@xxxxxxxx, david.holmberg@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:19:02 -0500
Message-id: <48f213f30812021019m699f9d7ej2db536a8e2f801d1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi David C - 

Yes, this sounds right.....if you were to classify the items you have listed below as building data and systems so the BIM "knows" what to show the fire department they would be:

Location of Stairwells
No MF2004 MasterFormat class - concrete or metal? AIGI has some good open source symbols that can be used to indicate stairs, an "R" could be adjacent for roof access in the standard floorplans
UF UniFormat C1020 Stair Construction
OCCS OmniClass 21 41 31 13 11 Stairs

Sprinkler Cutoff Valve
Again typical existing building data does not have one class in the typical systems to support this, the closest are
MF2004 21 11 19 Fire-Department Connections or 21 12 26 Fire-Suppression 
Valve and Hose Cabinets
UF D4030 Fire Suppression System
OCCS 21 51 11 15 Fire and Smoke Protection

Fire-Suppression Standpipes
MF2004 21 12 00 Fire-Suppression Standpipes
same UF D4030 Fire Suppression System
same OCCS 21 51 11 15 Fire and Smoke Protection

Fire Control Room
No MF2004 class
UF may be C1030 Specialties but that is not right
For the scenario purposes OCCS may be 13 81 31 21 Information Signal Distribution Space but that is not quite right either.

NFPA 72 and SB30 probably covers most in terms of standards. 

Thanks for your comments

Deborah

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM, <ibcomm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Deborah,
>
> The slide show continues to improve with your additions. I don't have any comment on the SAP issue at this time.
>
> On Slide 19, I think that item 3 is also basically Static rather than Dynamic, in that this information can be prepared ahead of time and inspected and verified by the Fire Inspector. I am assuming that this refers to information such as the location of stairwells, standpipes, fire control room, sprinkler cutoff valve, etc. Please let me know if my interpretation is correct.
>
> In the mean time, I am working on revising my techniques for static floor plan representation (based on SVG). Even thought the information is static (it isn't changing in real time like alert status does), the display of this information can be highly interactive. I hope to demonstrate this soon based on the Harney Science Center at the University of San Francisco.
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Coggeshall
> SFC MapLab Project
> 415 387-8760
> 415 602-2174 iPhone
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Deborah MacPherson <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: David Holmberg <david.holmberg@xxxxxxxx>; Building Service Performance (BSP) Forum <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ibcomm@xxxxxxx <ibcomm@xxxxxxx>
> Cc: Alan Vinh <alan.vinh@xxxxxxxx>; Jason D. Averill <Jason.Averill@xxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 6:35 am
> Subject: Question about SAP FiremansDigitalKeybox
>
> Hi NIST BFRL, BSP, and David Coggeshell
> Please see attached revised slides with a question. I added the scenario text highlighting relevant phrases in red. Now I'm trying to combine the NG9-1-1, CSAN, PSAP and BISACS Integration slide to show the whole process from both OGC/NBIMS and the NG9-1-1, CSAN, PASP and BISACS Integration points of view. 
> The question is, on your slide each of the orange clouds has an SAP Standard Access Point server along with computers as if this scenario took place in a fully functional city. But, as mentioned in the call, sometimes not every component is available. If so - could there be only one SAP in the middle of an idealized cycle rather than repeated at each orange cloud? If so, the next slides would be what David and Michelle call a "Common Operating Picture" for a fully functional city. The one after that would show examples if 9-1-1 was missing, if there was no CSA monitoring the building etc. Still focusing on getting the building to communicate to the outside and vice versa.
> The aim for the last slides continues to be overlays showing which formats, classifications, languages (EDXL, GML, IFC, OWL) could be used for each step or area. I will need assistance to properly locate the languages. The whole background represents OGC and NBIMS standards. Literally need to also show the context or coverage of supporting information such as the IFD-CSI dictionary. 
> The backgrounds here are like the static floorplans. Also added a slide for the Static vs Dynamic steps 1, 2, 3, 4. 
> Thank you for your feedback. 
> Deborah
>  
> --
> ********************************************************
>
> Deborah L. MacPherson CSI CCS, AIA
> Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics
> Specifications and Research, WDG Architecture
>
> ********************************************************
>
> ________________________________
> Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

--

Deborah L. MacPherson CSI CCS, AIA
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics
Specifications and Research, WDG Architecture

Shared Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/BSP/ 
Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BuildingServicePerformance    (01)
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>