bsp-forum

Re: [bsp-forum] Great Workshop, some questions and comments

To: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>, "Michelle Raymond" <michellearaymond@xxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: BSP Forum <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ibcomm@xxxxxxx
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:18:10 -0700
Hi Deborah,    (01)

I am copying David Coggeshall, of Golden Gate Safety Network, who
gave the presentation on the Common Operating Picture (COP). I am
also copying the BSP list so that that group is also aware of this.    (02)

I think Michelle is probably better suited to address many of your
questions related to BIM and NBIMS. However, I can say that OASIS
does not, as far as I know, have a specific formal, legal, liaison
relationship with ISO, but it has collaborated with ITU and ISO in
the past. ITU adopted an ASN.1 representation of the Common Alerting
Protocol (CAP)1.1 that I worked on more than a year ago, and I
believe it was in 2004 that ISO adopted 5 ebXML specifications
developed by OASIS with UNCEFACT:
     * ISO 15000-1: ebXML Collaborative Partner Profile Agreement
     * ISO 15000-2: ebXML Messaging Service Specification
     * ISO 15000-3: ebXML Registry Information Model
     * ISO 15000-4: ebXML Registry Services Specification
     * ISO 15000-5: ebXML Core Components Technical Specification, Version 2.01.    (03)

Our SOA Registry Repository usesthe Registry Information Model and
Registry Services Specifications and some of the others though not
explicitly since they are fundamental to so many other applications
and specifications that we take them for granted.    (04)

I am probably going to suggest several people and groups to help
organize or take the lead in helping Susan with developing an
Emergency Healthcare Workshop and perhaps an Emergency Standards
Workshop. The ValueListURN-Value pair concept I mentioned a couple of
times yesterday is part of the EDXL Family and an
educational-socialization effort is needed to stimulate local
jurisidictions and EOCs to develop, publish, advertise and maintain
their own facilities-related Resource Lists to use this methodology
and technique, which is rather well suited for BIM, NBIMS and
Sensor-OGC interests.    (05)

I learned enough with this effort, that even with four months advance
work (despite the interruption of a hernia and hernia repair
surgery), putting this kind of effort together needs a bit more of a
team. Of course the coincidence of having the NIST workshop next week
along with the OPEN SIG presentation is not likely to be duplicated.
However, the annual NIST Interoperability Week in March-April is
another such potential coincidence-target, as are the regular
Semantic Interoperability and SOA for E-Government Conferences.    (06)

The time to start work on these efforts is soon, before the
Thanksgiving-Xmas period. Coordinating this effort with the Open
Ontology Repository work is something both Michelle and I have an
interest in continuing.    (07)

Cheers,
Rex    (08)

--