bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] Fwd: BSP Kickoff - Wish to participate AND Re: Technical con

To: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>, "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gerald Davis <fs-gd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Michelle Raymond" <michellearaymond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:39:39 -0500
Gerald,    (01)

    Welcome to you and Francoise.    (02)

    I forwarded your messages to the group to see if technical
    aide might be rendered. Will you be in France, Canada or
    over the Atlantic on the 14th of July?  Please let me know if,
    given no technical difficulties, you intend to attend the
    Kickoff session on Monday 14 July 2008, 14:30 UTC.    (03)

Current BSP Folks,    (04)

   Forwarded in Message 1, below, is an introduction from
   Gerald Davis and Francoise Szigeti who want to participate.    (05)

   Forwarded in Message 2, further below, is a description
   of their technical difficulty in connecting from France to
   today's meeting.    (06)

  I know that Skype audio quality can be an iffy thing.  As to
  their other connection issues: country code, number not
  available, etc... I hope someone with more international
  connection knowledge will jump in here to assist. (Peter?)    (07)

Best Regards,
Michelle
---------------------------------------------------    (08)

Message 1:  from Gerald Davis    (09)

I intend to join the session today. Francoise Szigeti will join me,
and we will share a single computer screen. We intend to call in
on Skype, and if that fails to call in on the number in France.    (010)

I am currently convener of two ISO working groups in this subject,
see my signature block below. I am also the past chair of
ASTM E06.25 on Whole Buildings and Facilities, which has a
whole array of American National Standards for measuring the
functional performance of buildings. Francoise Szigeti and I
were part of the NBIMS effort.    (011)

I look forward to learning more about what this effort intends.    (012)

Gerald Davis
President, International Centre for Facilities
Chairman, TEAG - The Environmental Analysis Group
Chair of ANSI TAG to ISO/TC59, and its SC02, SC03, SC14
Convener, ISO/TC59/ SC14/WG10, and SC03/WG15+WG16
Chair, ASTM E06.92
Past Chair, ASTM E06 and  E06.25
Phone: +1 613.727.1788    Skype=gerald.davis1
www.icf-cebe.com    fs-gd@xxxxxxxxxxxx    (013)

Francoise Szigeti
Vice President, International Centre for Facilities
President, TEAG - The Environmental Analysis Group
Phone: +1 613.727.1788    Skype=gerald.davis1
www.icf-cebe.com    fs-gd@xxxxxxxxxxxx    (014)

Message 2: from Gerald Davis    (015)

I was connected for about 45 minutes to the audio of this
conference, but had great difficulty understanding what was
being said due to poor sound on Skype. Finally, Skype
disconnected me involuntarily.    (016)

I had connected via the number in the USA +1 605 475-8590.
My internet connection is via an ADSL line from Orange, in France.    (017)

I was unable to get in via the number 990008275823120 because
Skype added a country code in front, including when I selected USA,
France, etc. as country of destination. On Skype, I used the number
+33 826100277 and for that, Skype gave an error message that the
number is non-existent.    (018)

Francoise Szigeti and I do want to participate. We will not be back
to our base in Canada until mid-July.    (019)

Gerald Davis, IFMA Fellow, ASTM Fellow, CFM, AIA    (020)

[snip]    (021)