Re: [uos-convene] The communique on Applied Ontology?

To: <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: musen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:39:19 -0400

Hi, Peter,

Yes, I should have been clearer. I am wrapping up the FOIS paper today recounting the Upper Ontology Summit with a number of others contributing to it. I see this as a first cut of the Applied Ontology paper, since we have largely done already what needed to be done for it. Thie FOIS submission will go out today, and I'd like to invite folks to assist on the AO paper by revising the FOIS paper, rather than do the same work twice. So Dagobert and others I ask for your help on revising this current paper (which should go out today) to create the AO paper by the deadline. That proposed process should make things much easier and avoid useless duplication of effort. Thanks much! Leo
Dr. Leo Obrst - MITRE - Information Semantics - lobrst@xxxxxxxxx