Re: [uos-convene] Endorsements

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:33:17 -0800
 > [JS] We don't have consensus on 'how' to get to this
 > ontology.  This summit should explore the alternate
 > approaches and which ones each participant is in a
 > position (and willing) to pursue.    (01)

[ppy] we don't yet, but we want to do better than that ... the
hope is,    (02)

(a) the we can bring all the key custodians together (which we
are achieving),    (03)

(b) reach some sort of consensus from the key UO custodians, with
the support of the invited key participants, through this
UOS-convene discussion (which we are doing), and    (04)

(c) announce that consensus to the public with a message that is
convincing enough that the vision of a common upper ontology is
no longer 'just talks', and is something the world should pay
attention to (I assume we are crafting that message, in parallel,
here too.)    (05)

Agree it's going to be a challenge ... but I hope we ALL
recognize that this is meaningful, important, beneficial (to the
world, as well as us), and the timing is right!    (06)

Cheers.  =ppy

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (010)