Re: [uos-convene] Technical feasibility of Interrelating upper ontologie

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John A. Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:40:30 +0100
I think we'd almost support Michael Gruninger's
proposal. Apart from a possible clarification wrt
1 and 2:    (01)

> - A theory is a set of sentences in a language conformant with
> Common Logic.
> - An ontology is a set of theories.     (02)

The language we use for ontologies is CASL (see
previous email), which is strongly typed. As long
as this is 'conformant' in the intended sense
fine. Or has CL moved on the typing issue?    (03)

Best,
John B.
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (04)