Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: "'uom-ontology-std'" <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:39:49 +0100
Dear John,    (01)

I missed this point in your last reply.    (02)

> In summary, I believe that your method of reasoning is basically
> sound.  But as Pat and Ingvar were pointing out, your terminology
> can lead to some confusions.  Making a clear distinction between
> actual sets and hypothetical or imaginary sets would be useful.    (03)

In ISO 15926 we used the term "class" for this. An overloaded term I
know. But I'd rather not start inventing new ones.    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 560 302 3685
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in
England and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (07)