[uom-ontology-std] Fwd: Toward a Quantity and Unit of Measure Ontology-b

To: "Crawford, Mark" <mark.crawford@xxxxxxx>
Cc: uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:37:06 -0700
Mark,    (01)

Yes, indeed ... there are (more than one) internationally recognized
Quantity and Unit of Measure standards, which are not yet represented
as ontologies yet, and there are Quantity and Unit of Measure
ontologies that are not quite recognized international standards yet.    (02)

Please refer also to
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/uom-ontology-std/2009-07/msg00003.html
... where one can link to the conversations that have been going about
regarding this initiative.    (03)

The intent of this is to facilitate the dialog between folks in the
standards community and the ontology community, towards creating one
Quantity and Unit of Measure Ontology-based international standard.
Look at this list (and the associated workspaces) as the workspace
where this effort can have a interim home, until it is formally moved
to an appropriate standards development organization (SDO) setting.    (04)

We will look forward to participation from the UN/CEFACT
Recommendation 20 folks. Please help pass this invitation along to the
right people.    (05)

Regards.  =ppy