uom-ontology-admin

Re: [uom-ontology-admin] UoM coordination meeting - Mon 2010.01.04

To: uom-ontology-admin <uom-ontology-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:21:06 -0600
Peter, two agenda items I'd like to discuss, both somewhat technical.    (01)

1. I've introduced a new idea into the ontology, of 'measurement
event', to try to deal with the VIM meta-issue of whether 'real
quantities' exist and the ubiquity or otherwise of errors and
estimates. I'd like to outline the motivation for this and get
feedback, especially negative.    (02)

2. So far, I can see no rational way to distinguish the concepts of
[dimension] and [quantity kind], and so propose to identify them (ie
treat these as synonyms.) Again, I would like feedback/discussion,
especially negative.    (03)

Pat    (04)

On Jan 4, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Peter Yim wrote:    (05)

phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (07)