sio-dev

[sio-dev] Definition of the SIO project

To: "[sio-dev] discussion" <sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 21:50:09 -0400
Folks,    (01)

Peter had asked me to provide a short summary and definition of the
SIO project.  Among other things, I was tied up with making slides
for a 3-hour tutorial, which I'll present at the Semantic Technology
conference in San Francisco on June 22.    (02)

The title of my tutorial is "Integrating Semantic Systems."
In slides 62 to 81, I summarize and discuss the SIO project:    (03)

    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/iss.pdf    (04)

The deadline for sending the slides to the conference organizers
was last week, but I still have time to revise them and send in
a new version before the talk on June 22.    (05)

I'd also like to discuss them with the full Ontolog Forum and
the OMG AE group.  But before I discuss them with a wider
audience, I'd like this group to review slides 62 to 81.    (06)

I would also like to propose slide 62 (copy below) as a one-slide
summary of the SIO project.    (07)

Please send any comments, suggestions, objections, or corrections,
especially on slides 62 to 81.  (Comments on the other slides are
welcome, but I'd like to focus on the SIO slides with this group.)    (08)

John

Various participants in the forum have discussed related
theoretical issues over a period of several years.    (013)

Many of them have developed compatible methodologies
and implemented open-source tools to support them.    (014)

Goal:  Collaborate and coordinate the development of those
tools, theories, and methodologies in support of OOR.    (015)