Re: [oor-forum] [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 3.2 Released

To: "'OpenOntologyRepository-discussion'" <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Peter Yim'" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Ray Fergerson" <ray.fergerson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:39:20 -0700 (PDT)
Peter,    (01)

After some discussion we have decided upon 3 times a year updates to the
VM. We are currently planning on Feb, Jun, and Oct. The VM will contain
the software from the previous month. (We do monthly BioPortal releases.)
Thus the Oct VM release will contain the Sep BioPortal image. Of course if
there is some disastrous bug discovered in a VM release we would go
outside the schedule.    (02)

We feel that, for most users, a more frequent update will be a lot of
churn for little value. It is also some effort to produce a VM so we want
to space them out.     (03)

You are by no means required to update to all of these releases if it is
inconvenient to do so.    (04)

Ray    (05)