Re: [oor-forum] OOR Logo Poll (first round) - Results:TwoFinalistsEmerge

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ali Hashemi <ali@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:29:35 -0400
Hello all,

Here is the line art version.

I changed the font, because I ended up not liking the previous one at all. I think a sans serif matches the lattice a bit better, and this one is more inviting than the previous, more abrasive one. In case anyone is curious, this one is GillSans. The other design choices are as before.

The rationale behind the icon is that it is a Hasse diagram for a  Boolean lattice. It is an easily recognizable figure and reflects to some degree the structure of how ontologies are stored in OOR and hints at the lattice of theories. Imo, it speaks to users of the OOR.

I've attached the *.svg in case anyone wants to fiddle.

Yuri, Inkscape is a pretty decent, free graphic editing tool.

Best,
Ali