[oor-forum] The OpenOntologyRepository (OOR) wiki homepage has been init

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:59:12 -0800
Team,    (01)

I'm writing to let everyone know that the OpenOntologyRepository (OOR)
wiki homepage has been initialized, and is ready for everyone's
contribution.    (02)

Please take a look at:    (03)

(a) The homepage for our initiative at -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository ...
and,    (04)

(b) an index page at - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR    (05)

Please note that the OntologWiki support one level of child pages (by
creating it with a slash and then a capitalized word while you are on
the parent page.)
For example, if you are on the OOR page, you can create the meeting
page at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_02_13
by simply typing: "/ConferenceCall_2008_02_13"    (06)

Please create either:    (07)

(i) root level pages that look like: "OpenOntologyRepository_xxxxxx"
(like "OpenOntologyRepository_Scope",
"OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture", etc.)    (08)

or    (09)

(ii) child pages that look like: "OOR/ActiveMemberContribution",
"OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture/Candidate02", etc.    (010)

(iii) kindly use collective nouns (i.e. singular) in page titles.    (011)

Ref earlier and ongoing discussions, I have created the following
pages, where a lot of the immediate inputs can hang from:    (012)

  o   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Scope    (013)

  o   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Requirement    (014)

  o   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Approach    (015)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture    (016)

  o   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Plan    (017)

  o   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ActiveMemberContribution    (018)

Each of these pages begins with a short description of the content
expected there.    (019)

I have made an initial attempt to capture some of the more well-formed
proposed ideas onto those pages (and haven't done anything with
ongoing dialogs yet ... someone can capture those when the ideas are
mature enough for adoption.)    (020)

Thanks in advance for your contribution.   =ppy    (021)

P.S.  kindly organize and distill the online discussions (if you had
initialized the discussion) and capture them into the wiki every now
and then. Also, if you had made a meaningful contribution on the wiki,
please highlight that by make a post to [oor-forum] and provide the
hyperlink to that content.    (022)

P.P.S. The one paragraph you should read if you are unfamiliar with
our wiki is at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidA
 ... You might also want to read up on
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PurpleNumbers
(email me anytime if you have a question relating to the mechanics of
contributing to the content.)
--    (023)