oor-dev

Re: [oor-dev] OOR-sandbox (v.2) now online at http://oor-01.cim3.net/

To: Alexander Garcia <cagarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-development <oor-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:06:16 -0800
Great questions, Alex  ...    (01)

> is there a programmatic way for uploading ontologies (not one by one but via
> an API)?    (02)

... since the OOR-sandbox (v.2) is still pretty much the BioPortal
technology (under the hood, so far), let's find out if the BioPortal
folks have an answer to that.    (03)

> if we were talking about a federation of repositories then it would make
> sense not to host the same ontologies over and over again but to point to
> other repositories. how could this be achieved?    (04)

... at the last couple of OOR team meetings (e.g. ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_05#nid28OQ),
I was really excited to hear from Raytheon/BBN folks on their progress
in doing federation. I'll defer to JimChatigny (or  DanielCerys and/or
MikeDean) to tell us more about it here.    (05)

Anyhow, MikeDean (who will be running the upcoming OOR Developers'
session in two weeks time, (Friday Feb-19 - ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2010_02_19
) already has Jim on his panel, and we will definitely be able to
learn more about their work, and further discuss what you are bringing
up here (and picking up from where this thread will leave us then.)    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy