[ontology-summit] Shareable versus reusable, or shared and reusable

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Andrea Westerinen <arwesterinen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:08:59 -0400
I know that Terry Longstreth raised a question on the conference call today about sharing versus reusing.

I tried poking around the web to see how others used the terms, and here is what I found:

1. Many people talk about sharing and reusing together (but clearly something must first be shared in order to be reused)

2. When there is some distinction, it seems to come from where and how you share (in what repositories or libraries, and with what licensing terms).  Then, depending on the where and how of sharing, you might or might not enable reuse.

Terry, Do you define this differently?