Re: [ontology-summit] A session on XML parsing and JSON? [was: fitness o

To: <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Anatoly Levenchuk" <ailev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:03:35 +0400
It can be a good idea to have a hackathon session on container data formats
that can be unified for Applied Ontology, Semantic Web and Big Data domains.
There are a bunch of approaches and news in data container field. XML and
JSON is a good pair to start with. I think that you may also interested in
* new JSON-LD (JSON for Linked Data) W3C specification
(http://manu.sporny.org/category/json-ld/ -- this is for competing with
Semantic Web technology stack (TURTLE/SPARQL/Quad Stores)),
* new http/2 developments (there will No More Text in new http --
http://www.mnot.net/blog/2014/01/30/http2_expectations)
* CSV on the Web initiative of W3C (http://www.w3.org/2013/05/lcsv-charter)
* may be some new data container developments. I am copying  this message to
Valery Krylov (I know he has been researching in this field for years)
* ...what else?    (01)

We can use legacy of successful last year hackathon and brainstorm (or find
and reuse already existent)  metrics for evaluation of this approaches and
parsing methods for them. Then we can carry experiments (benchmarking to
devised metrics) with actual parsing and present results to our community as
a hackathon project result.    (02)

Sure, this language set and possible hackathon scenario is only preliminary
suggestions. And we also need project champion for this "data
representation" project (as a good pair for "data presentation" project
suggested by Victor Agroskin). I cannot lead such a project due to my
Hackathon track co-champion duties but I am ready to help to any volunteer
team lead.    (03)

Best regards,
Anatoly    (04)