Re: [ontology-summit] The tools are not the problem (yet)

To: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ontology Summit 2014 discussion' <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:06:19 -0500
On Mon, February 3, 2014 03:57, Matthew West wrote:
> Dear Doug,
> I presume there a missing "not" here before "disappear"?    (01)

Yes.    (02)

>> So it seems to me that for RDF users who want to use a web of data, that
>> there is a definite advantage in 4D representation -- that of contexts
>> that do
>> disappear.    (03)

> If so I agree, both that you can use either 3D+ T or 4D to handle change
> over time, and that 4D has some advantage when forced to use triples,    (04)

Yes, that was my conclusion.  I, personally, have not found the advantages
that
you list below.    (05)

But this is the level that i would prefer a discussion of 3D+1 vs. 4D to
be at:
the advantages one has found in using one over the other, rather than
doctrinaire
semi-religious arguments that crop up from time to time.    (06)

-- doug f    (07)