[ontology-summit] [Tools] Making Use Of Ontologies: Tools, Techniques, S

To: Ontology Summit 2014 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christoph LANGE <math.semantic.web@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:51:13 +0100
Dear community,    (01)

Track B of this year's Ontology Summit on "Big Data and Semantic Web
Meet Applied Ontology"
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014) is about    (02)

Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques    (03)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_Ontology_Tools_Services_Techniques_Synthesis    (04)

Let me kick of the discussion with some provocative questions:    (05)

* Are today's ontology tools really Semantic Web aware?  Do supporting
URI identifiers and description logic really suffice?    (06)

* How can existing ontology tools, services and techniques be scaled to
Big Data?    (07)

* How can existing tools and techniques be evolved to maintain a high
quality of service in the face of Big Data?  Or do we need new tools and
techniques?    (08)

* Thinking positively: what _new_ ontology-based services does Big Data
enable?    (09)

* Do ontologies even help to make Big Data manageable at all?    (010)

Please let us know on this thread, and/or add to our community input page:    (011)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_Ontology_Tools_Services_Techniques_CommunityInput    (012)

I'm looking forward to your input!    (013)

Christoph Lange    (014)

Track B Co-Champion    (015)

--
Christoph Lange, Enterprise Information Systems Department
Applied Computer Science @ University of Bonn; Fraunhofer IAIS

→ Semantic Publishing Challenge: Assessing the Quality of Scientific Output
  ESWC, 25–29 May 2014, Crete, Greece.  https://tinyurl.com/SPChallenge14
  Abstract submission until 7 March.    (017)