[ontology-summit] [Bottlenecks] Identifying Bottlenecks in Ontology Engi

To: <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 09:33:53 -0000
Dear Colleagues,    (01)

This year's Ontology Summit    (02)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014    (03)

has as its topic: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology".    (04)

Track C of the programme is: "Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks"    (05)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_Overcoming_Ontolo
gy_Engineering_Bottlenecks_Synthesis     (06)

So to kick Track C off, we would like to invite you to help us identify the
key bottlenecks in ontology engineering for Big Data and the Semantic Web.    (07)

-          What is it that takes a lot of time and effort?    (08)

-          What is it that is very expensive?    (09)

-          What is it that is held up because of a lack of scarce resources?    (010)

-          Why is it that ontological approaches are not taken when they
could/should be?    (011)

Please let us know on this thread, and/or add to our community input page:    (012)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=edit
<http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=edit&id=OntologySummit2014_O
vercoming_Ontology_Engineering_Bottlenecks_CommunityInput>
&id=OntologySummit2014_Overcoming_Ontology_Engineering_Bottlenecks_Community
Input    (013)

Regards    (014)

Matthew West, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz    (015)

Track C Co-Champions    (016)