Re: [ontology-summit] Reasoners and the life cycle

To: "'Ontology Summit 2013 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:18:16 -0000

Dear Alan,

Interesting point. So confirming that the inferences of axioms are true and intended is a way of confirming the axioms are true. Sounds like a Track A or Track B measure.

I tend to test with a number of intended models, particularly outlying intended models, to see if they fit.

One thing I have learnt is that writing good logic is a skill, like writing good English. This can help a lot in making the inferences be what you expected them to be.

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 1489 880185

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

Skype: dr.matthew.west

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.