Re: [ontology-summit] First Model Bench Challenge

To: "Ontology Summit 2012 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 01:04:35 -0400
On Tue, May 1, 2012 00:16, Cory Casanave wrote:
> I would agree - there are 2 concepts under the label "Marriage", a
> situation and an event. The intent of the example in the web page is the
> situation but you may well also represent the event for extra credit!    (01)

In OpenCyc:    (02)

(isa WeddingEvent-Generic AccomplishmentType)
(genls WeddingEvent-Generic SocialEvent)
(genls WeddingEvent-Generic ActingInConcert)
(comment WeddingEvent-Generic "The class of all events associated with
marriage. Subsets include WeddingCeremony and WeddingReception.")    (03)

(isa WeddingCeremony AccomplishmentType)
(genls WeddingCeremony Ceremony)
(genls WeddingCeremony WeddingEvent-Generic )
(genls WeddingCeremony MakingAnAgreement)
(genls WeddingCeremony PairingObjects)
(comment WeddingCeremony "This is the collection of actual wedding
ceremonies. Use WeddingReception for the party afterwards and
WeddingEvent-Entire for the whole shebang.")    (04)

(isa WeddingEvent-Entire AccomplishmentType)
(genls WeddingEvent-Entire WeddingEvent-Generic)
(comment WeddingEvent-Entire "A subcollection of SocialOccurrence. Each
instance of WeddingEvent-Entire is a complex event, usually discontinuous
in time, consisting of all of the applicable "parts" of the event of
getting married. These various parts will be subEvents of the
WeddingEvent-Entire. They minimally include a WeddingCeremony, and
(depending on the culture, the wishes of the betrothed, etc.) might also
include a WeddingReception and perhaps other social events (for one or
both partners and their friends and family) before or after the actual
ceremony.")
(subEventTypes WeddingEvent-Entire WeddingCeremony)
(superEventTypes WeddingCeremony WeddingEvent-Entire)    (05)

(isa Eloping AccomplishmentType)
(genls Eloping WeddingEvent-Entire)
(comment Eloping "The collection of marriages performed in secret without
the presence (and often without the permission) of the participants'
parents.")    (06)

(isa WeddingReception  FirstOrderCollection)
(genls WeddingReception  WeddingEvent-Generic)
(genls WeddingReception  ReceptionParty)
(genls WeddingReception  HostedSocialGathering)
(superEventTypes WeddingReception WeddingEvent-Entire)
(comment WeddingReception  "The collection of all wedding receptions. A
type of ReceptionParty, WeddingEvent-Generic, and HostedSocialGathering.")    (07)

-- doug    (08)