Re: [ontology-summit] First Model Bench Challenge

To: "Ontology Summit 2012 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:39:35 -0400
On Sat, April 28, 2012 19:45, henson graves wrote:
> The first Model Benchmark challenge problem is to model Cory's European
> marriage. The model is to describe one or more marriages. As Cory notes it
> has a few wrinkles. A description can be found at:
>
> http://www.omgwiki.org/architecture-ecosystem/doku.php?id=composite_concepts    (01)

Here's a first cut in CycL.  Undefined terms are CycL terms.    (02)

(isa Marriage SituationType)
(genls Marriage Situation)
(comment Marriage "A specialization of Situation. Each instance of
Marriage is a situation in which a couple is married.")
(candidateProperSubSituationTypes Marriage WeddingCeremony)    (03)

(isa spouseInMarriage BinaryPredicate)
(arg1Isa spouseInMarriage Person)
(arg2Isa spouseInMarriage Marriage)
(genlPreds spouseInMarriage participantIn)
(comment spouseInMarriage "(spouseInMarriage PERSON MARRIAGE) means the
PERSON is one of the two participants in the Marriage, MARRIAGE.")    (04)

(isa husbandInMarriage BinaryPredicate)
(arg1Isa husbandInMarriage MalePerson)
(arg2Isa husbandInMarriage Marriage)
(typedGenlPreds husbandInMarriage spouseOfMarriage)
(comment husbandInMarriage "(husbandInMarriage MAN MARRIAGE) means the MAN
is a male participant in the Marriage, MARRIAGE.  In some contexts, there
may be exactly one husband in a marriage; in others there may be zero,
one, or two.")    (05)

; in some contexts:
(functionalInArg husbandOfMarriage 1)
(functionalInArg husbandOfMarriage 2)
(arg1Isa husbandOfMarriage AdultMalePerson)    (06)

(isa wifeInMarriage BinaryPredicate)
(arg1Isa wifeInMarriage FemalePerson)
(arg2Isa wifeInMarriage Marriage)
(typedGenlPreds wifeInMarriage spouseOfMarriage)
(comment wifeInMarriage "(wifeInMarriage WOMAN MARRIAGE) means the WOMAN
is a female participant in the Marriage, MARRIAGE.  In some contexts,
there may be exactly one wife in a marriage; in others there may be zero,
one, or two.")    (07)

; in some contexts:
(functionalInArg wifeOfMarriage 1)
(functionalInArg wifeOfMarriage 2)
(arg1Isa wifeOfMarriage AdultFemalePerson)    (08)

(isa spouseOf SymmetricBinaryPredicate)
(isa spouseOf IrreflexiveBinaryPredicate)
(comment spouseOf "(spouseOf PERSON1 PERSON2) means the two Persons
PERSON1 and PERSON2 are married, i.e., two participants of the same
Marriage. In most cases it is understood that the two spouses are
committed to being permanent, lifelong partners.  Cultures vary in whether
such a couple must be of opposite genders, the same ``race'' or religion,
the minimum age someone may be to enter into such a relationship, and the
number of cotemporal spouses a person may have.")
(arg1Isa spouseOf Person)
(arg2Isa spouseOf Person)
(genlPreds spouseOf vestedInterest)    (09)

(isa husbandOf BinaryPredicate)
(arg1Isa husbandOf MalePerson)
(arg2Isa husbandOf Person)
(typedGenlPreds husbandOf spouseOf)
(typedGenlInverse husbandOf spouseOf)
; in some contexts:
(functionalInArg husbandOf 1)
(functionalInArg husbandOf 2)    (010)

(isa wifeOf BinaryPredicate)
(arg1Isa wifeOf FemalePerson)
(arg2Isa wifeOf Person)
(typedGenlPreds wifeOf spouseOf)
(typedGenlInverse
; in some contexts:
(functionalInArg wifeOf 1)
(functionalInArg wifeOf 2)
(inverseBinaryPredicateOf wifeOf husbandOf)    (011)

(implies
  (and
     (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE1 ?MARRIAGE1)
     (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE2 ?MARRIAGE1)
     (different ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE1))
  (spouseOf ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE2))    (012)

(implies
  (and
     (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE1 ?MARRIAGE1)
     (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE2 ?MARRIAGE1)
     (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE3 ?MARRIAGE1))
  (or
     (equals ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE2)
     (equals ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE3)
     (equals ?SPOUSE3 ?SPOUSE2)))    (013)

(implies
  (spouseOfMarriage ?SPOUSE1 ?MARRIAGE1))
  (or
     (husbandOfMarriage ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE1)
     (wifeOfMarriage ?SPOUSE1 ?SPOUSE1)))    (014)

; Rules are needed connecting these to MarriageAgreement    (015)

(isa MarriageAgreement TemporalObjectType)
(genls MarriageAgreement Agreement)
; in appropriate context
(genls MarriageAgreement LegalAgreement)    (016)

using the CycL predicate #$agreeingAgents:
(isa agreeingAgents CoexistingObjectsPredicate)
(isa agreeingAgents BinaryPredicate)
(genlPreds agreeingAgents policyForAgent)
(argIsa agreeingAgents 1 Agreement)
(argIsa agreeingAgents 2 IntelligentAgent)
(comment agreeingAgents "A CoexistingObjectsPredicate and specialization
of normativelyBoundAgents that relates an Agreement (q.v.) to the agents
who made or are making the agreement. (agreeingAgents AGREE PARTY) means
that AGREE has PARTY among its agreeing parties. Thus, PARTY will be
mentioned in the content of AGREE.    (017)

Specializations of agreeingAgents include agreeingBuyer, agreeingSeller,
policyHolder, insuringAgent, employedAgent, and employingAgent.")    (018)

-- doug foxvog    (019)