Re: [ontology-summit] Presenting Ontology Summit 2012

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:29:31 -0800
Ken and All,    (01)

The output of last year's Ontology Summit (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011OntologySummit2011)
when we tackled the theme "Making the Case for Ontology" would be a
good starting point.    (02)

Take a look at the communique from 2011 -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011_Communique    (03)

Specifically, the table at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011_Communique#nid2SZU
which broke down the various classes of audience that ontologists
would need to make their case to, would be a good start.    (04)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (05)

p.s. By the way, in view of our open-technology, open-content
advocacy, let's confine to open source tools (unless we agree to a
waiver at the organizing committee on a case-by-case basis.)