Under “Ontology as a new paradigm”, change “form” to “from” in the second sentence.
Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.
Phone: (650) 587-3780 (CA)
(202) 362-5059 (DC)
Cell: (202) 316-6481
From: ontology-summit-org-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontology-summit-org-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael F Uschold
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:06 PM
To: John Bateman; John F. Sowa; Mills Davis
Cc: Ontology Summit; Ontology Summit 2011 Organizing Committee
Subject: [ontology-summit-org] Communique: Take 4 (revised draft)
Communique: Take 4
I took into account all the suggestions that I received that I am aware of. If I missed any important ones, please let me know.
The main differences between this one and the last:
- tidied up all the loose ends, overall much more polished (i hope).
- i changed the tone from being chatty to a bit more formal and authoritative
- added editorial remarks like last years communique
- re-arranged the structure of the document a bit with new titles
- significantly enhanced with new material, mostly elaborating on things already mentinoed.
- added something about inference
- added something about broader semantic technology and knowledge technology
- did not talk about tracks per se, but rather focus areas
- added a summary at the front
- i greatly expanded the four themes into a whole section with many more quotes.
- i re- wrote the conclusion
- Took out all the junk
- I removed names of individual summit participants, per conventions from prior years
- it is just over 7 pages now, but there are wide margins and large fonts. It could easily be shrunk to 5 or 6 if we want. I can also remove material,if it is not tight enough.
FEEDBACK is specifically requested in these areas:
- Typos and style
- Did I mess up anything in terms of flow?
- Is it too long now? If so, what should I chop? Better to whet their appetite and have them wanting more than giving them too much. E.g. I could easily remove a number of the quotes.
- How should we list the authors? (for organizing committee only?)