Re: [ontology-summit] [Ontology Application Framework] Revised Strawman

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:04:53 -0700
Ontology pushers would be much more popular if they understood that operational
people negotiate the shared aspects of their respective ontologies every day.
Acknowledging this will help us help them enlist the IT "machinery" in their
task.
Reminds me of the time not too long ago when the advent of Basic from Dartmouth
expanded the market for computer usage ten fold. Today most ontologists are
asking users to work at the mnemonic level. Waiting on the CIO is not a winning
strategy.    (01)

On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:48 AM, Anders Tell wrote:    (02)