[ontology-summit] First Cut: OAF in OWL

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Simon Robe <simonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael F Uschold <uschold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:06:55 -0800
I created a first draft of an owl ontology for the Ontology Application Framework. The idea is that it should be easy for people to create and characterize ontology application instances on their own. There is not quite enough content yet.

Eventually we could build up a searchable database of semantically marked up ontology applications.  It could also be linked with DOAP Ontology possibly using some of the same infrastructure tools.   (DOAP: Description of a Project)

All files are in this Folder

BenefitsAndTechniques.owl Imports core ontology and adds some relationships between benefits and technologies.
Visio Diagrams:
The ontology was created using a Visio plugin tool callede6OWL, an in house tool for authoring owl ontologies. The owl was generated from the diagrams. The versions -WithDocumentation have callouts explaining the notation.
The e6OWL Legend.pdf file gives more complete documentation of notation.
Finally, there is a readme.pdf file with the information in this email.
Michael