Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: "'Pavithra'" <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:53:41 -0800

Pavithra,

            Let me discuss this with the Organizing Committee. One reservation I have is that such a presentation is pulling us away from the goal of the Summit, which is to bring to light strong examples of the use of ontology in commercial applications. The discussion of the last day has been very stimulating, but much of it belongs on the Ontolog-forum list rather than the Ontology-summit list.

The field of ontology is large, but I am trying to keep the Summit focused.

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University

NASA Research Park