Re: [ontology-summit] references to Spatial Ontology work [was - Re: pdf

To: Ontology Summit 2009 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tim Finin <finin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:52:16 -0400
> This is the name of a law that has to do with how beef is labeled.
> Imagine getting this at a spelling bee...????
>   Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
> here it is broken into parts:
>
>[[[Rind]fleisch][[etikettier[ungs]][[[über]wachungs][[[auf]gaben][[[über]trag[ungs]][gesetz]]]]]]]
>    beef   meat     label      ing    over  watch   task    over   give ing
>law               (01)

Isn't this pretty much what we do in English with nominal compounds?    (02)

  the 2009 Maryland poultry standards oversight committee report appendix
shows...    (03)

While the spaces are helpful in written English, I am not sure they are
significant
when processing spoken English.    (04)

Tim    (05)