Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Assessment Methodology - A Proposal

To: "'Ontology Summit 2007 Forum'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:24:13 -0700
Hi Denise,    (01)

Leveraging dimensional terms with Factor Analysis seems a useful approach to
answering the question you pose in the slide which presents several dozen
candidates (Which is more like an Ontology than "ontology-like things").    (02)

I have 2 questions and a suggestion:    (03)

Which type of Factor Analysis do you see as most appropriate to use? You
present 4 types (PC or ML, Weighted or Unweighted Data).     (04)

Is it your intention to use one (or more) Factor Analysis methods during the
Summit or during our Taxo-Thesaurus project?    (05)

Your Goals and Objectives on slide2 imply a larger, more comprehensive
project result. I suggest you move your last Slide (Factor Analysis) into an
introduction section and add a scope bullet to your Goals-Objectives slide.    (06)

I have been trying to rephrase your Objectives slide (But negotiating with
Jet Blue airlines about our boarding passes at the same time....) and hope
to have better formed suggestions on Sunday.    (07)

Cheers,    (08)

Bob    (09)