Re: [ontology-summit] PLEASE, PLEASE!!

To: "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:00:24 -0800
Apologies, for a mistake in my post, I moved instead of copied text...
It shojudl read this way:    (01)

John Sowa says:
> And by the way, I *detest* the word "folksonomy".  First of all, the
word "folk" implies some derogatory or deprecating attitude.    (02)

I don't see why this is so. A person may choose to view it that way, but
there is no implication.    (03)

After all, 'folklore' does not imply a derogatory or deprecating
attitude, unless perhaps you are a stuffy academic historian. By
analogy, a stuffy academic semantic web logician might also view a
folksomony that way, compared to a proper logically based ontology.  In
neither case, do these attitudes detract from the useful role these
things play in their context.    (04)

Mike    (05)

==========================
Michael Uschold
M&CT, Phantom Works
425 373-2845
michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx
==========================    (06)

COOL TIP: to skip the phone menu tree and get a human on the phone, go
to: http://gethuman.com/tips.html     (07)

> And by the way, I *detest* the word "folksonomy".  First of all, the
word "folk" implies some derogatory or deprecating attitude.    (09)

I don't see why this is so. A person may choose to view it that way, but
there is no implication.    (010)

After all, 'folklore' does not imply a , unless perhaps you are a stuffy
academic historian. By analogy, a stuffy academic semantic web logician
might also view a folksomony that way, compared to a proper logically
based ontology.  In neither case, do these attitudes detract from the
useful role these things play in their context.    (011)

Mike    (012)

Michael Uschold
M&CT, Phantom Works
425 373-2845
michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx

COOL TIP: to skip the phone menu tree and get a human on the phone, go
to: http://gethuman.com/tips.html     (014)