Re: [ontology-summit] dimensions/aspects of ontology types?

To: "Aldo Gangemi" <aldo.gangemi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:16:38 -0500
Excellent, Aldo! I do recall reading your papers earlier, and think they are indeed very useful for our effort here.

Folks, I'd suggest looking at these. For example, the first paper below discusses some principles and parameters for measuring ontology goodness (p. 10-12):

   Transparency (explicitness of organizing principles)

Computational integrity and efficiency

Meta-level integrity

Flexibility (context-boundedness)

Compliance to expertise

Compliance to procedures for extension, integration, adaptation, etc.

Generic accessibility (computational as well as commercial)

Organizational fitness

These are described in some detail, and will assist us in our effort.

Thanks,
Leo