Re: [ontolog-forum] SQL, UML, NLP, and Ontology (was A Question... )

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sjir Nijssen <Sjir.Nijssen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:43:40 +0000
John,

You write:
UML diagrams, by themselves, can capture a significant part of an ontology.  But you at least need OCL (or some other notation that has the expressive power of FOL to describe more).

Sjir: That depends on the precise definition of ontology. There are too many different definitions in use for this homonym. Please provide the definition you use.

Sjir: In my experience UML+OCL is not an option to most business persons, nor legal experts to be forced to use a OO programming based language to specify a durable model of services.

Regards

Sjir Nijssen

PNA Group

Tel:     +31 (0)88-777 0 444