Re: [ontolog-forum] A Question About Conversations Taking Place in Writt

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 21:27:50 -0400
Tom,    (01)

Linguists consider spoken language primary for many reasons:    (02)

  1. It's the form that everyone (except the congenially deaf)
     learns in infancy.    (03)

  2. Until the last century, it has been the *only* version that
     the overwhelming majority of people knew and used.    (04)

  3. Even in highly literate societies, it is still the version
     that people use for the great majority of their communications.    (05)

> Does anyone know of any such organized compilations of conversations
> that, I emphasize, were conducted, in the original, in written form?    (06)

Type the following phrases to your favorite search engine:
"corpora of chat", "corpora of tweets", "corpora of conversations"    (07)

You'll get thousands of hits.  If you want something more focused,
subscribe to Corpora list and ask your question:    (08)