Re: [ontolog-forum] Need help on how to get around in this forum.

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:03:25 -0400
On 6/26/2015 3:35 AM, Matthew West wrote:
> We each use our own email client, and they behave in different ways.    (01)

Yes.  I prefer Thunderbird, which has some good features for threads.
On the line above the list of notes in the inbox (or folder, such as
Ontolog), there are some useful icons to click:    (02)

  1. Thread:  I only use this one for the Ontolog folder, which has
     the longest threads.  If you click on this button, Thunderbird
     indents the subject lines of the notes in each thread and shows
     exactly which one responds to which.  Click again to make the
     indentations go away.    (03)

  2. Star:  You can click on any note in any folder to show which
     ones you want to remember for future reference.  When you
     click on the star icon, all the starred notes in the entire
     folder are grouped together in chronological order.  Then
     click on "Date" to return to the normal order.    (04)

There are many other features, but these are helpful for any folder
that has long threads.    (05)