[ontolog-forum] People "know" things that don't exist

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <metasemantics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:48:56 -0700

Here is a very interesting article in MedicalExpress.com that documents how "educated" people claim knowledge and expertise that doesn't even exist:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-06-people-easily-facts-impossible.html

I wonder why this behavior appears so widely among the general population?  I also wonder if that seeps over into the ontology world.  Does such a thing as a "river" exist in all cases where rivers are postulated?  Clearly not - a long time ago, JFS mentioned rivers with no head waters, and rivers with no delta.  Is the very idea of a "concept" being overgeneralized by this mistaken confidence this article suggests we have.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper,

Rich Cooper,

Chief Technology Officer,

MetaSemantics Corporation

MetaSemantics AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

( 9 4 9 ) 5 2 5-5 7 1 2

http://www.EnglishLogicKernel.com