Re: [ontolog-forum] "Data/digital Object" Identities

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:33:44 -0400

On Oct 23, 2014 11:47 AM, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Industry is looking to add a 4th to this list: "Something you do". Basically, the act of playing a ... sequence of motions is used to create a profile of your responses that can be predictive.
>
> Isn't that an accurate description of signing your own name?

That has been studied extensively, you advanced search example (!

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Online++signature++verification

This does discussion has wandered a bit far from the subject of data/information object identities. If people are still interested in that topic I have some experience in that area, and have some opinions on the usefulness of relative identity as a tool for analyzing models like FRBR, which I could write an email on.

Higher order logics are useful, with the predicates that must agree being treated as a set rather than the usual $ \forall \phi \in \Phi $.

Removing members from the set of predicates yields different entities (or equivalence classes). These may represent useful abstractions, or at least raise questions about other abstractions.

Simon