Re: [ontolog-forum] Paraconsistent Logic

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:26:24 -0400
On 7/15/2014 6:02 PM, Philip Jackson wrote:
> Googling "paraconsistent logic applications" returns 69,300 results --
> the first is a book titled "Paraconsistency: Logic and Applications".    (01)

Thanks for the reference.  It confirms my suspicions.    (02)

The articles in that book are written by logicians and philosophers.
What they call "applications" are not the kind that make a profit
for investors.    (03)

I'm sympathetic to those ideas.  But it's important to distinguish
applications that depend on grants from applications that people
will pay money to use.    (04)