Re: [ontolog-forum] Schema.org is not OWL-based (was Re: Toward Human-Le

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:42:08 -0400
On 4/27/14 11:18 PM, John F Sowa wrote:
I did *not* say that Schema.org is OWL-based.  GoodRelations used OWL,
and Schema.org adopted GoodRelations but without all the OWL features.
I used the I term "OWL-level", but I should have been more precise.

Yes, precision is important here otherwise folks with jump to utterly inaccurate conclusions about Schema.org.

GoodRelations is assimilated into Schema.org modulo its relation semantics. Basically, GoodRelations will never go away, since in its original form you have important semantics that aren't part of Schema.org.

In sense, GoodRelation's perceived assimilation into Schema.org is just another case of smart bridging that understands that there will be a time (very soon) when we get beyond all the *myopic* syntax & markup language distractions that currently obscure the value and power of entity relation semantics.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO