Re: [ontolog-forum] view:thing was physical context and mental context

To: rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:56:09 -0500

On Apr 20, 2014, at 7:38 PM, Richard H. McCullough <rhmccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:    (01)

> between the meanings of thing in different views.    (02)

I do not understand what you are saying here. As far as I know, the W3C does
not make such distinctions, nor use that notation in that way.    (03)

> I use the same notation in mKR.
>
> In my previous emails re physical context and mental context,
> I used names like
>         physical entity and mental entity
> It would have been better to use the names
>         physical:entity and mental:entity
> But then I would be using "mKR names" instead of "English names".
>
> In my last email re "language context & grammar", I made the mistake
> of putting "Class" in my physical context.  I have since removed
> "Class" from that context.
>
> "Class" and "grammar" are really "mental:Class" and "mental:grammar".
> They are part of the mental world inside the mind of man,
> not the physical world outside of the mind of man.
> But "Class" and "grammar" are often used to refer to the related
> concepts of "physical:Class" and "physical:grammar".

> I suggest the notation "view::PropositionList" to state the definition of
>name.
> PropositionList could define more than one name, and could have side effects.    (04)

Sorry, but none of the above makes any sense to me.     (05)

Pat    (06)

> Dick McCullough
> Context Knowledge Systems
> Name your propositions !

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)
phayes@xxxxxxx       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (08)