Re: [ontolog-forum] axiomatic concepts

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richard S. Latimer" <rslatimer@xxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:17:40 -0700
John

I've been thinking a lot about  the personal problem that affects
you and me.  It began when I first entered Ontolog Forum
and did not satisfy your desire for proof of the semantic
correctness of the mKR language.  Both of us contributed
to the problem.

1) Your only comment about semantics was -- do your homework

2) I did not accept responsibility for proving correctness.

I did read a paper that Pat Hayes wrote about the semantics of RDF.
I frankly did not consider it very important because

       All of Pat's semantic propositions (and more)
       are automatically enforced by the run-time system
       of mKR.  To be more specific: they are enforced by
       the mKE program; they are axioms.

I have two more brief comments concerning our most recent "spats".

1) My axiomatic concepts "spam" was a response to your apparent
unappreciation of the importance and usefulness of axiomatic concepts.

2) I will be happy to translate anything you choose to mKR.
You can even specify what context I should assume for the reader of
my mKR version -- man on the street, expert scientist, etc.

Dick McCullough
Context Knowledge Systems
mKE and the mKR language
mKR/mKE tutorial