Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontological issues relative to privacy.

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Barkmeyer, Edward J" <edward.barkmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:34:35 +0000
Steve,    (01)

You have another recourse.  I am reminded of the statement made by one of the
drug lords on HBO's "The Wire":  "I don't use cellphones to conduct business."
When the technology has been poisoned, you can decide not to use it.   Write
your diary on paper, with a pen.    (02)

At some point the combination of government-supported espionage and organized
criminal espionage will be sufficiently successful to discourage further
commercial and personal use of the technology to conduct business.  That is not
about "privacy"; it is about the protection of your valuables, your property.
If the street is unsafe, don't walk down it.  If digital communication becomes
dangerous enough to corporate health, it will go the way of the Zeppelin.  It
won't be about embarrassment; it will be about money.    (03)

Now, enough about topics in which I have only opinions and no expertise.  :-)    (04)

-Ed    (05)