Re: [ontolog-forum] Computer science ontology vs. philosophical ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:17:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dr, Sowa,

In  computer science,  one can prove the existance of a thing by it's attributes ( what it consists of) ,  associations ( relation to other things)  and actions  ( what it does and behavior ) !    And there are real things and imaginary things.

Philosophically, an ontology should do the same, prove the existence of something.

At a conceptual level, I am not sure why they are different.   But seems to me, that you are indicating, that one has to understand pshycology to build a computer that behaves like a human?   Computers should have a thing called "brain " and should simulate, psychological properties" as part of the brain function??

Pavithra