Re: [ontolog-forum] ONTOLOG community event planning and scheduling sess

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Barkmeyer, Edward J" <edward.barkmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:22:08 +0000
To put this in concrete terms, suppose I find an RDF document that contains,
among hundreds of other triples:
  X R1 A
  X R2 B
  X R3 C
  A R4 XXX
  C R5 YYY    (01)

and I am really interested in X R2 B.  It may be very important that I
understand X R1 A, because A R4 XXX, which affects the whole meaning of X R2 B.
 At the same time X R3 C and anything further in that vein is completely
irrelevant.  Determining the elements of the document on which we want to
'focus attention' is not an easy task.  And the task for both human and machine
intelligence may be made easier if the author put the 3 relevant triples in the
same section or subgraph, and more difficult if not.    (02)

-Ed    (03)